Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pilar

I'm not quite sure what it is about Bar Pilar that I love so much. A few things it potentially could be:

- They have cold Woodchuck Cider (not to mention an incredibly diverse and creative drink menu)
- It is just dimly lit enough that you can still see everything, yet feel comfortably serene and quite warm & cozy
- It's never super crowded and you can 9 times out of 10 find a table or seat at the bar
- The food is fantastic. Small plates, which I love, all very creative and extremely delightful. Most recently, I enjoyed their grilled calamari with red sauce (wow) and a handful of mussels in a delectible white wine and garlic sauce. Everything I've tried there, however, has been quite tasty, so I'm fairly certain you can't go wrong.
- Their website is simple yet effective - just like their drinks, food and atmosphere. Winning combination.
- It's on 14th Street, and as a rule things on 14th Street are cool

I think that sums it up for the time being. If you haven't been, you should. It's around the T St. block.

In other news, Red Bull Art of Can exhibits today through the 19th at Union Station. I'm excited to get down there to check out our local artists ability to manipulate a Red Bull can (or cans), and the new Bike Station.

HP at 5 - see you (me) there!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bar Pillar Website is a UX delight.

margit said...

i concur, jon.