Wednesday, June 16, 2010

'scream


I would like to know if it is going to rain all day or not so I can get my butt on the bike. Or maybe I should just stop being a wuss and ride. Anywho...

I gave Arctic Zero a whirl the other night. I liked the idea of being able to eat the entire pint and not then feel like a total cow, plus the minimal ingredients seemed Meg-friendly (even though it's processed...gluten-free, and "lactose-intolerant friendly" - whatever that means). However...I have a sneaking suspicion that this product MIGHT be too good to be true.

About 130 calories total for the entire pint. Yet...



From AZ's site:

Is the Arctic Zero calorie count off? How does one serving of a pint of “Chocolate” provide 32 calories per serving when it has 11 grams of carbs and 4 grams of protein?

We get the standard 4 calories per gram nutrition question several times a day. Per the FDA requiring us to do so, we have to list total carbs on the label regardless of whether they have an impact. In addition to our proprietary ingredients, we also utilize the patented Whey Low sweetener that has been on the market for more than a decade. Whey Low has 75% fewer calories than traditional sugar, because only 25% is absorbed by the body and it has a 70-80% lower glycemic index to boot.


Huh? I don't get it. But in any case, this product destroyed my stomach. I shall not be buying it again. Shoulda known. Too many different "gums" in the ingredient list.

INSTEAD....I need to share with you the most glorious dessert I've ever experienced. This is literally the BEST THING EVER. Seriously, best. I usually add a frozen stawb or two, a little avocado (love the creamy texture) and some apples on top for added crunch. Way better than any store-bought ice cream.

Okay, must get on bike.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My big draw to this stuff is I'm a celiac and lactose intolerant so you can only guess how many foods I can actually eat without having an issue. This along with 20 grams of protein in a pint, works for me and I eat a pint or two every week. I love that I don't have to feel guilty eatting the whole thing. lol My fav is the choc. pb and strawberry banana. Too bad it didn't agree with you.

margit said...

Not going to lie, the chocolate PB did taste mighty fine!