Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A few good reads...

If you're looking to fill your brain with information this fine afternoon, consider these two blog posts from Choosing Raw. I am a big fan of this gal's blog - from which my banana softserv habit evolved - and she definitely appears to know her stuff when it comes to stomach and gut issues. Enjoy!

  • Eating for IBS - this post is definitely relevant for those of you without IBS, too - she does a good job of explaining soluble vs. insoluble fiber, and the list of soluble veggies/grains are perfect pre & post ride nutrition.
  • Food Combining, Simplified - this may be the first time you've ever heard about food combining...but for many vegans and raw foodists, it's a way of life. I find it intriguing simply because of my stomach's reaction to fruit if I eat it after a meal (watermelon, in particular). Something to ponder, at the very least.

No comments: