Sunday, July 18, 2010

Busy

While I search for the next job of my dreams (and/or just a full-time gig that will allow me to ride bikes for multiple hours every week), I've jumped into two part-time jobs that are doing a pretty darn good job of keeping me on my toes (and teaching me a ton, to boot). Contes and Sunnyside Farms. Good times. I'm learning about cherry tomatoes and bottom brackets and Gatorskins and things...boy do I have a long way to go. But at least I am finally getting to know my bike. Pirsig would be pleased with me, me thinks.

Meanwhile, I attempted the Giro and it stole my lunch money. I managed one lap. It was way harder than I thought it was going to be - there are some seriously strong Cat IV women who can climb like the dickens. At least Brian rode well. Here I am explaining the intricacies of the bottom bracket.


In other news, we had a phenomenal time in Chapel Hill (thanks to Ken Johnson for the awesome rides in Carborro and beyond!) and the Outer Banks was (were?) equally as glorious.

I am reading Born to Run and am off to purchase chia seeds for testing purposes. Will report back.



7 comments:

Augustus Recentius said...

You will love the Chia seeds. Just put a few teaspoons in a Gu flask with some grape juice and make it a pre-ride snack. I read that book, Born to Run, and immediately gave them a try. I don't imagine them to be magical superfoods, but they certainly can't be hurting.

margit said...

thanks @old 97! where did you get your chia seeds from? looks like i might have to order them online...

Anonymous said...

Ha. Did the same thing as soon as I read the book. Whole Foods has them.

margit said...

went back to WF today - they were in the nutrition & body section, shoulda known. currently waiting for them to turn into jelly balls...not seeing it happen as of yet. does it take a long time?

margit said...

they came 'round. a little hemp milk, some fresh blueberries and chia seeds - delightful little snack!

Unknown said...

stole your lunch money! HAHA. junk.

looking forward to riding hills Thursday with you!

Anonymous said...

http://durianrider.wordpress.com/