Monday, May 10, 2010

Breakfast "Souffle"

This weekend, a crisis was narrowly averted. I awoke Sunday morning to eat breakfast before my am group ride...and there was not a yam to be found in my house. Apparently my yammerific Saturday had depleted all sources. Disaster.

However, I collected myself and considered my carbohydrate options. Here is what I came up with, and it ended up doing the job (and tasted quite delicious!):

2 small bananas
1/4 avocado
Egg whites (3/4 cup)
Frozen wild blueberries

First I mashed up the bananas in a bowl and then added the raw egg whites and frozen blueberries. I stuck it all in the microwave until the egg whites began to fluff up. I stirred it up a few times, stuck it back in the micro until the egg whites were cooked through. I added the avocado to the mix for some added healthy fat. The resulting consistency was super light and airy and a nice combo of protein, carbs and fat. Camera still broken, but don't worry, it doesn't look very pretty anyway. But it tasted good and it did the job to power me through a 2 hour group ride sans yams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not sure how you forgot to mention you were blogging again... i found it on my own so ill let it slide this time.