Thursday, April 29, 2010

Octopus?

Yes, octopus.


Here's the story. I eat a lot of canned tuna - it goes in my salad at lunch on pretty much a daily basis. It tastes yummy, plus is a good source of protein with a bit of healthy fat. HOWEVER, on my most recent voyage to Whole Fiz, I was stunned and dismayed to see a warning label beneath my precious tuna cans. Mercury. Of course this isn't new news, but I figured if Whole Fiz was telling me to watch my intake, then probably tuna 5+ days/week was pushing it. Not to mention, variety is the spice of life! It was time to begin exploring the canned fish section.

I came home with sardines, mackerel, trout, kipper...and octopus. I've tried them all, and they are all quite enjoyable (if you like canned fish - perhaps an acquired taste). The octopus, however, stood out as the most unique. It has an extremely chewy consistency, but I really loved it! It's like squid only chewier. Tempting, no? Trust me. Give it a whirl.

In other news, after 3 days off the bike for some much needed recovery, I made it back down to the point today. It was wild and wooly! But MAN, do I love the point on a gorgeous Thursday night. Doesn't get much better than that, me thinks.

This weekend is a biggie. Murad open, Bunny Hop 4 and open. Yowza! That's going to require some serious yamming. Happy Friday!

No comments: